Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Tasty Treat for Halloween, courtesy of Camille Minichino

 With Halloween around the corner, my dear friend and fellow author, Camille Minichino, offered to share a special "finger cookie" recipe. Perfect for a little ghoulish delight!


Finger Cookie Recipe, by Camille Minichino

I cheated (which I usually do at cooking) and started with a roll of cookie dough that's in the refrigerator section of the supermarket. I chose peanut butter because it’s smooth.

Step 1. Instead of cutting the dough as directed, lop off pieces and shape into a long skinny "fingers." The first time I tried this I made the shape too wide and got very, very fat fingers. [You'd think I'd know about thermal expansion.] A roll about the diameter of a pencil works well.

Step 2. Place the fingers on an ungreased cookie sheet. Stick a slivered almond slice into one end of the finger—lo, a fingernail!

Step 3. Squeeze red frosting (another cheat, using a readymade tube) on the opposite end from the nail. If you lay the fingers out facing the same way, you can just run a line of frosting down the sheet, capturing all the fingers with one swoop.

Step 4. Bake according to package directions and SERVE.

Dare I say... Finger-lickin' good??

Wishing you and yours a safe and sane Halloween!

2 comments:

Camille Minichino said...

I wish we could share these cookies with all your readers, Ann! I hope there will be many treats, no tricks!

Ann Parker said...

I wish we could too, Camille! Thank you for sharing this simple and fun recipe that's perfect for the season!