Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Kirkus review of A Dying Note and it's a doozy

We interrupt the usual Wednesday Random Slang-o-rama for a bit of book news: the first review for A DYING NOTE is in!
Now, I always hold my breath when it comes to reviews, and I imagine I have lots of company in that respect.
In this case, I can can start breathing again.
Kirkus had weighed in on A DYING NOTE, and given it a nod of approval (which made my day!).
I'm posting the link below, but before you click....
>
>
>
>
WARNING WARNING...
>
>
>
>
SPOILERS ABOUND...
>
>
>
If you don't want to pre-read about some of the plot twists and turns, don't go there.

Here's the (non-spoiler) closing summation:
"... the best of the mysteries featuring Parker’s clever heroine. In addition to its historical interest, it provides a more complex problem to solve and leaves open a future in which her crime solver works with a mysterious new partner."
You can't see it, but I'm smiling as I write this. I'm thinking coffee, with a little something special added to it, might be in order to celebrate.

If you want to read more, here's the link, but don't say you weren't warned:
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/ann-parker/a-dying-note-silver-rush-mysteries/

Look for slang-o-rama to reappear next Wednesday!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! Congratulations.

Ann Parker said...

Thank you, Liz! :-D I was very excited about this when my publisher showed it to me...