Then, I began to wonder, what do I do to encourage a love of and support the written word? Particularly regarding kids?
Okay, so here we go:
List at least five things you do to support and spread a love of the written word, and tag five people. (If you list something that touches youngsters, you get a bonus letter!)
- I am a writer of fiction, science, and technology.
- I always keep the reader in mind and craft my prose accordingly (particularly for the last two).
- I go to schools and classrooms and talk about careers in writing/editing (being sure to mention more than just "author of books" route . . . after all, SOMEone writes the copy in a catalog, right?).
- Over the years, I've volunteered in elementary school classrooms, helping kids who are having difficulty reading.
- I've gone to the library regularly, all my life (so far!), and made sure my kids did the same.
- I've been a judge for poetry and young adult fiction awards.
Wow! Two bonus letters! I pick and "S" and an "R" (for the Silver Rush)!
Okay, I'm tagging ...